15 Oct SH LUZ Report 2016 September
On September 14 the Boulder Ventures Project at 2189 S McClelland was reheard by the Planning Commission due to a noticing issue. The decision was still approval, with the addition of a condition for additional signage to make sure people can get through the block and are aware that it is public open space between the buildings.
The conditions of approval are:
1. The applicant shall comply with all other Department/Division conditions attached to this staff report.
2. The applicant shall dedicate the area required for the future extension of the S-Line Streetcar to the City or the Utah Transit Authority (UTA).
3. The applicant shall provide sufficient space for the Parley’s and McClelland Trails as required by the Transportation Division.
4. Certificates of Occupancy for the project shall not be issued until the private street is complete providing access through the block from Elm Avenue to Wilmington Street.
5. Certificates of Occupancy for the project shall not be issued until the pedestrian walkway running north to south through the block has been completed on an adjacent property to the east of this development.
6. Final approval of signage, lighting, and landscaping to be delegated to Planning staff to ensure compliance with CBSD and PD regulations. The signage plan shall include a wayfinding component providing direction for pedestrians to destinations in and around the Granite Block.
7. Sidewalks, plaza space and other walkways through the property must allow for 24 hour public access.
8. All of the parcels must be combined into a single lot through an approved Planning process.
9. The north to south oriented pedestrian passageway through the project shall be a minimum of 22 feet in width through its entirety.
10. Final approval authority for the development shall be delegated to Planning staff based on the applicant’s compliance with the standards and conditions of approval as noted within this staff report.
11. Approval is for the specific items discussed and identified in the staff report, on the site plan and the building elevations. All other applicable zoning regulations still apply.
At the September 19 Land Use and Zoning Meeting (LUZ) we heard from Adam Nash about the two proposals for infill housing, Cottage Court on 900 East between 3073 and 3129 South. He would like to add 16 in-fill houses at that location. He also would like to add 3 houses at 868 E 2700 South. These are both planned developments. These will also be on the October 5 , Sugar House Community Council meeting.
On October 12, the Planning Commission will hear BOTH the Dixon Building proposal at 2144 South Highland Drive, and the Marriott Springhill Suites between the former Toys R Us and Taco Bell.
The October 17 meeting of the SHCC Land Use and Zoning Committee is CANCELLED.