06 Mar SH LUZ Report 2017 February
Salt Lake City Corporation has pulled the proposed Homeless Resource Center at 653 Simpson Avenue from its list of future sites. There is much relief about that. At our SHCC Land Use and Zoning Committee meeting February 13, we talked at length about the conditions that should be placed on such a use, as part of the city’s request for approving this as a “conditional use”. Many in the community provided very good comments, and those will be forwarded to the city shortly, along with my letter highlighting what I see as the biggest issues. We still need to do this, because this will be part of a city wide ordinance, we want these to function well in our city, no matter where they are built.
Sego Homes Roof Garden Planned Development at 2594 S 800 East, along with a new Fuel Station at Harmon’s Brickyard, were both approved by the Planning Commission January 25.
“The Bar in Sugarhouse” has been sold to Craig Mecham and their last day was February 25. The bar will be removed right away to make way for new construction of the Dixon Building. The Dixon Building will be changing some things about their interior design, because the University of Utah Clinic is not going to be their tenant. This may be on the SHCC Land Use and Zoning meeting March 20. Dixon construction is still planned for this spring.
The Vue has sold to Berkadia 2/9/2017. This is a Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Company. We are told there will be no changes in the use.
The Planning Commission approved the 21 and 21 Small Area Plan and forwarded it on to the City Council for final approval.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
- Legacy Village on Wilmington will be complete March 2017
- Sugarmont Apartments (Sugarmont and McClelland) has demolished and is clearing land, will be doing foundations soon, completion estimated late 2018
- Dixon Building (2188 Highland Drive) will begin construction in 2017, completion 2018
- Springhill Suites Hotel – 1250 E Wilmington above Toys r Us, will begin late Spring 2017
- Apartments at 10th East and 2100 South should begin construction any day. Estimated completion Summer 2018
- Shopko site – in planning stages, would like to begin construction summer of 2017
- SH Fire Station #3 on 900 East will begin construction April 2017 Completion September 2018